Does brain fever happen in the adult stage? Is there any danger to life? What are the measures to take?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Hi there ....

My cousin is not well from around 1 month and he refered 2 doctors one is saying he is having Migrane based on the symptoms he is having and the other is saying brain fever ..... Does brain fever will come in adult age ... and is there any danger to life ...wht are the measures Hejaz take so that he will be normal back
Posted Mon, 2 Jul 2012 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 6 hours later
The brain fever like meningitis or encephalitis can develop at any age. It needs an early treatment for complete cure and to prevent complications. It is life threatening if severe.
He needs to have a CSF examination for proper diagnosis so that he can get specific treatment according to the diagnosis. Please consult a neurophysician for the same.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.