Does bactroban heal allergic itching caused by march flies?

Hi, I have been bitten several times by march flies and now have welts bigger then 50c piece. My ankle which has a couple of bites has swollen the whole way round. They are driving me insane with being so itchy. I have been lathering on stop itch but it has not helped. I have bactroban and wondering if I could use it on them?
Posted Tue, 31 Dec 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Johny Chacko 26 minutes later
Brief Answer: I don't think bactroban will help. Detailed Answer: Hello, Bactroban is an antibiotic cream. It will help prevent infection of cuts and wounds, but would not help in decreasing the itch or allergy. You can put ice packs. You may apply topical steroid cream over the welts which you get over the counter like hydrocortisone. You can also take over the counter anti histamine tablets like benadryl for the itching. Hope this helped, If you have any clarifications I will be happy to help. Take care