Does arthritis cause stiff feet and severe calve pain in the morning?

Emergency Medicine Specialist
Lately my feet are so stiff when I waken in the morning or at night that I can barely walk. There is pain going up my calves. The other day I awoke with such severe pain in my calves that I could hardly walk This went away but the stiffness is back. The only other times I have had this was when I was pregnant. I have stopped working out at the gym in the last six months because of business. Could this change have affected my body to make everything stiff I used to work out 4 days per week. Wondering also if this could be signs of arthritis. Thank you
Posted Tue, 7 Jan 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. R.A. Singh 7 hours later
Brief Answer: Morning stiffness is due to arthritis. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for writing your query. After reading your post, I would like to advise you that morning stiffness is common in arthritis. It is also seen in Vitamin E deficiency. I would like to advise you that you should take Vitamin E supplement for few days. Also get yourself clinically by a medical professional. Following investigations may be helpful :- 1. Serum Calcium. 2. Vitamin D3 levels. 3. Serum Electrolytes. You should maintain your hydration and should replenish any loss of electrolytes. I hope this is helpful to you. If you have any further query, I will be happy to help. Regards. Thanks.