Does anxiety attacks,chest pressure,back pain,and racing heart indications of heart disease?

I have been suffering with anxiety attacks and chest pressure (constant, both at rest and with exertion), upper back pain, and episodes of racing heart for approximately 4 months now. I have had 2 normal EKGs at rest but also abnormal EKGs twice that showed ST & T wave abnormalities, consider inferior and anterolateral ischemia. I had one visit to the ER with a negative troponin value. I am a 28 year old female, non-smoker, normal cholesterol levels. My blood pressure always is within normal range. My paternal grandfather had heart disease. However, these symptoms are causing my anxiety to become severe. I have had an unremarkable CT Chest and chest X-Ray. However, I have not had a stress test. I am able to jog around 3 miles without any worsening of symptoms, but chest pressure remains constant during that time. What is the likelihood of heart disease?
Posted Sun, 22 Dec 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Benard Shehu 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Please refer to the following suggestion... Detailed Answer: Hi, I have read your medical history and would say that the symptoms you are facing could be more related to acid reflux. You are saying to only taking TUMS for this purpose. To my opinion, you should add other medications to relieve heartburn. If the ECG you did showed some abnormal data (ST and T wave), then, I suggest to: - consult cardiologist - cardiac echo - holter monitoring - stress test These tests would further evaluate the condition of your heart. As your Ct-chest and Xray were unremarkable, then, I suggest to : - consult GI specialist - abdominal ultrasound - fibrogastroscopy. These tests would better evaluate the condition of your acid reflux and stomach issues. If everything would come normal in all the tests, then, I suggest to follow up with psychologist for further assistance to relieve anxiety. All the best! Dr.Benard