Does anal sex have any effect on a endometrial ablation?

does anal sex have any effect on a endometrial ablasion after 3 days?
Posted Wed, 25 Apr 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 40 minutes later
Hello and thanks for the query,

Anal sex in this setting could possibly lead to a bit of uterine or vaginal bleeding. The ablation can cause the lining of the uterus to be irritated or inflamed for a few days after the procedure which could lead to some bleeding as well.
Otherwise there is generally no major risk in participating in this sexual activity.

If the patient is experiencing significant bleeding or pain, nausea or vomiting I suggest she be evaluated as soon as possible by a local physician.

Thanks again for the query. I hope you found my response to be helpful. If you have any additional questions I would be happy to address them.

Dr. Galamaga