Does an expired Daktacort used on little toe to treat itchiness during 17 weeks of pregnancy have any side effect ?

I am 17 weeks pregnant. Recently I got a rush between my toes that was really itchy and stupidly, without research I have used Daktacort on it, something that I had had in my fridge for a while (it is actually expired by a few months) and it did help me with that rush/athlete's foot before. I used it 3 times and the itching is almost gone, however only today did I actually think to check if it is safe for pregnancy and I read that it is not.
I did not use it on a large area (it is actually my little toe) and I am not going to use it again, but how can this have affected my little child? Is that a real risk? If it is, should I contact my doctor?
Posted Fri, 13 Apr 2012 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 33 minutes later
Using Daktacort cream on your foot only three times on your foot at 17 weeks of pregnancy is not going to produce any noticeable harm to your baby.
By 17 weeks most of the organogenesis in the fetus has taken place and after this the organs undergo maturation only. Also, topical application does not cause much of absorption systemically so as to produce any significant effect.
You need not rush to your doctor for this but you can mention this to him on your next visit.
I hope my answer and recommendations are adequate and helpful. Waiting for your further follow up queries if any.