Does an MRI scan of pelvis cover the entire pelvis?

May 2014

Hi Does a MRI of The Pelvis ( With contrast ) Also show The lower groin Region, closer to the inner groin area as well, I was told I ,may have Inguinal ligament issue, Would The MRI of the Pelvic area cover that part of the Body also well in general, ?
Posted Wed, 19 Mar 2014 in X-ray, Lab tests and Scans
Answered by Dr. Vivek Chail 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Inguinal ligament is covered Detailed Answer: Hi XXXX Thanks for writing in. A MRI scan of pelvis should cover the entire pelvis, from the upper border of pelvic bone till the proximal thigh including the inguinal regions. You may talk to the technologist sitting at the MRI machine console and inform him of your exact problem just before beginning the scan. This will help in getting a better picture and report by the radiologist. Hope your query is answered. Do write back if you have any doubts. Regards, Dr.Vivek