Does alternative medicine for HIV work? HIV DUO test shows negative

What do you think of alternative medicin for HIV? And what about the movie house of numbers? The person who found HIV says HIV is cured by the body itself
This all makes me really confused.
What if big companies just want to earn money with their medicin?

Im very scared of what to think and I dont want to make the wrong choices if I have to I might have HIV but HIV DUO test at 6 weeks said I am negative
Posted Sun, 26 Aug 2012 in HIV and AIDS
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 3 days later
Hi dear,

I dont think alternative medicine works.

It is true that good nutritious food and clean water builds up the immunity and it is protective against infections .It does not mean that those already infected would survive with good food and water.

Apart from Mr XXXXXXX brown from seattle washington nobody has really survived after confirmed HIV infection . Just the life span varies ranging from few months to several years.

As HIV duo test is negative in your case ,you are negative for HIV.A re test at 3 months will ascertain your negative status.

Follow-up: Does alternative medicine for HIV work? HIV DUO test shows negative 1 hour later

Thank you
Would it be possible to have undetectable p24 antigen and undetectable antibodies at the same time after at least 4 weeks?

I am afraid that is the case for me because I am almost sure I have hiv but tested negative on a hiv duo test 5 weeks in the lab and at 6 weeks in the hospital a quick hiv duo test

Also what does a ars rash look like I had rash during that period but I dont know what ars rash is.

Also when one has ars how high is the fever than?

Also would the white blood counts go extremely up or low?

Also would the lympchocyte count be really low?

I am 19 now for how long will I have a normal life if I dont take medication and have hiv?

What if I take medications will I have hiv forever but not aids?

Im sorry
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 42 minutes later
Hi again,

Its very unlikely for P24 ag to be absent after infection.Its present almost immediately after virus replication starts in body.

Rash is erythematous maculopapular like infectious mononucleosis in early HIV.
Present all over body may be hemorrhagic.

Fever is high like >101 degree F.

Blood counts including lymphocyte are initially high and low after few weeks.

Survival after HIV depends on multiple factors like diet, nutrition , type of environment , type of virus (HIV 1 or 2), prsence of co infection (TB/Hep B or C).

On an average 5-10 year survival is expected without treatment.

With good supportive care and anti retroviral drugs survival is much better.

Anti retroviral drugs are given to patient only if his immunity is low(indicated by CD4 count <200).Not all patients who are HIV positive are given ART.So you will be started ART only if your CD4 count is low and immunity is faltering.

As of now you dont have HIV and you need not to panic.

Hope this helps .

Follow-up: Does alternative medicine for HIV work? HIV DUO test shows negative 57 minutes later
Thank you very much answering
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 54 minutes later
Hi again ,
If you no follow up queries please accept my answer and rate it at the end.