Does alcohol tamper results of lipid profile?
User rating for this question
I had a party with heavy drinks on saturday and got a test for cholestrol on XXXXXXX morning which showed 250 as cholestrol. Did alcohal impacted the results?
Posted Tue, 25 Feb 2014 in Cholesterol
Answered by Dr. Vaddadi Suresh 25 minutes later
Brief Answer: alcohol do tamper with the results of lipid profil Detailed Answer: Hi XXXX Yes, certainly alcohol do tamper with the results of lipid profile. A binge of alcohol the previous night can briskly increase serum triglycerides and cholesterol for about 2-3 days. Hence, overnight regular diet is recommended for lipid tests. I suggest you to repeat the test after a week, in fasting state. Hope i am clear. All the best.
People also viewed
- Lipid profile triglycerides 198
- Medicine to strengthen ligaments
- Pupils small and lightheaded
- Weight lifting and platelets
- Lipid profile in normal pih
- Ruptured testicle from lifting weights
- Is 166 ldl bad
- How bad is ldl of 167
- Is cholesterol 167 bad
- Does alcohol tamper results of lipid profile
- What does 172 ch cholesterol mean
- Is 172 good cholesterol
- Life span of medicated stents
- Lipid profile in acne
- Lipid profile. results