Does alcohol tamper results of lipid profile?
User rating for this question
I had a party with heavy drinks on saturday and got a test for cholestrol on XXXXXXX morning which showed 250 as cholestrol. Did alcohal impacted the results?
Posted Tue, 25 Feb 2014 in Cholesterol
Answered by Dr. Vaddadi Suresh 25 minutes later
Brief Answer: alcohol do tamper with the results of lipid profil Detailed Answer: Hi XXXX Yes, certainly alcohol do tamper with the results of lipid profile. A binge of alcohol the previous night can briskly increase serum triglycerides and cholesterol for about 2-3 days. Hence, overnight regular diet is recommended for lipid tests. I suggest you to repeat the test after a week, in fasting state. Hope i am clear. All the best.
People also viewed
- Lipid profile triglycerides 198
- I have a pimple in the optic nerve
- Cholesterol crystals in joint fluid
- Cholesterol crystals in synovial fluid
- Lipid profile in normal pih
- I have scoliosis now i have cavernoma
- Generic non statin cholesterol drugs
- How to increase spam
- Does alcohol tamper results of lipid profile
- How to raise hdl levels
- Lipid profile in acne
- How to safely decrease my dosage of prozac
- Smoking cholesterol does affect levels
- Lipid profile. results
- Human pulse 130 bpm