Does alcohol tamper results of lipid profile?

I had a party with heavy drinks on saturday and got a test for cholestrol on XXXXXXX morning which showed 250 as cholestrol. Did alcohal impacted the results?
Posted Tue, 25 Feb 2014 in Cholesterol
Answered by Dr. Vaddadi Suresh 25 minutes later
Brief Answer: alcohol do tamper with the results of lipid profil Detailed Answer: Hi XXXX Yes, certainly alcohol do tamper with the results of lipid profile. A binge of alcohol the previous night can briskly increase serum triglycerides and cholesterol for about 2-3 days. Hence, overnight regular diet is recommended for lipid tests. I suggest you to repeat the test after a week, in fasting state. Hope i am clear. All the best.