Does alcohol consumption cause high ALT level?

Sep 2013

my alt level is 52.. It normally is around 26 or 28.. Does alcohol consumption cause this high level?
Posted Wed, 4 Dec 2013 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Answered by Dr. Het Ram Bishnoi 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Alanine aminotransferase (ALT). Detailed Answer: Hello, XXXXX, Yes, alcohol consumption raises Alanine aminotransferase (ALT) levels. Hope this information will be helpful for you. If you have any more questions, feel free to ask further Good luck, Dr. HET
Follow-up: Does alcohol consumption cause high ALT level? 3 hours later
I forgot to mention...My serum albumin is 4.7,my bilirubiin is 0.5,tryglcerides are 134 and my hdl is 56...I think these are very good readings!! Your thoughts please!!!
Answered by Dr. Het Ram Bishnoi 48 minutes later
Brief Answer: Clinical chemistry. Detailed Answer: Hi, Campy, Once again ,thanks for the query. Yes, the reports are normal. The normal ranges of each is given below. Serum albumin , normal 3.5-5.5 g/dl (4.7 ) Serum bilirubin 0.3-1.0 mg/dl (0.5) Serum Triglycerides 10-160 mg/dl( 134 ) Serum HDL NORMAL 30-60 mg/dl (56). After going through all these reports and ALT report I can say that you are a perfect healthy man without liver, heart , kidney disease. Quit drinking alcohol to continue living healthy. Hope this information will be helpful for you.Further any question I will happily reply. Good luck. Dr. HET