Does acupuncture increase chances of embryo implantation?

Mar 2013
I am preparing for my second IVF embryo transfer. Unfortunately, the first one was unsuccessful. I read somewhere that acupuncture may increase chances for embryo implantation. Could you advise whether this is true. If yes, how many sessions of acupuncture I would need to do and at which intervals (e.g. once a week, 2x a week, etc.), before or after IVF? Thanks, XXXXXXX
Posted Thu, 13 Feb 2014 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 1 hour later
Brief Answer: ACUPUNCTURE HELPS, DETAILS BELOW Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for writing to us with your health concern. There are various studies for the question which you have posed. Studies seem to indicate that yes, acupuncture DOES increase the chances of success after an embryo transfer. The procedure is most beneficial when acupuncture is performed in two sessions - half an hour before, and half an hour after the embryo transfer. There is no benefit of any additional sessions after IVF. Please go through the following links . Among them, the third one describes the details of the acupuncture sessions that should be done , though, an experienced nurse would take care of that. WWW.WWWW.WW WWW.WWWW.WW I hope these will help you. All the best this time around. Please feel free to discuss this further.