Does abdominal pain,nausea,giddiness,diarrhoea and pinkish discharge indicate syptoms of miscarriage?

Mar 2016

Hi I am 6weeks +5 days pregnant and think I might be going through a miscarriage, can you please advise? Ultrasound on day 6+0 revealed an empty sac of 10mm. Doctor said situation was not ok and I am going to have another US next Thursday in the hope of seeing something more. I am 6+5 today. However, I have been feeling unwell since last Thursday. All of a sudden, abdominal pain, nausea, feeling like I was about to faint, could not stand on my feet, light diarrhoea. Situation improved after some hours but I had to take painkillers for the abdominal pain (although pain was not unbearable nor super sharp...I did not want to feel it that's it) . In the evening I was fine and me and my husband made love. Next morning I feel abdominal pain and I find a pinkish discharge (very light pink-peach mucus) when I go to the loo. This has been happening 4 times since Friday morning. I also have pain some time and sometimes I cannot stand on my feet. Please help, what should I do, are these the symptoms of a miscarriage? Many thanks : (
Posted Fri, 27 Dec 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. S Patra 1 hour later
Brief Answer: MOSTLY MISSED MISCARRIAGE. CONFIRM WITH NEXT SCAN. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for writing to us on healthcare magic. Followings are my comments: 1) Abdominal ultrasound scan can detect gestational sac (GS) around 6 weeks and fetal heart beat, pole around 7 to 8 weeks. However, Trans Vaginal Ultrasound (TVS) scan reveals GS around 4 weeks and Fetal Heart Beat around 5 to 6 weeks. On 6 weeks gestational age, empty sac is not a good sign of healthy pregnancy. Sometimes, late conception may be the cause of delayed detection of Gestational Sac and fetal heart beat. Though, it is seen in very few percentage only. 2) Your clinical features and ultrasound scan report is more suggestive of MISSED MISCARRIAGE. It is more relevant in this context. However, it is better to repeat the scan next week before undergoing abortion procedure. Kindly, consult with your gynecologist regarding this and you should prepare for this mentally. Hope, it helps for your information. Kindly, close the discussion if you don't have any other query. Wish your good health and take care yourself. Regards, Dr Soumen For future query, you can directly approach me through WWW.WWWW.WW