Does a thick uterus cause complications during pregnancy ?

if i was to fall pregnent while having a thick uterus what would happen?
Posted Thu, 19 Apr 2012 in Getting Pregnant
Follow-up: Does a thick uterus cause complications during pregnancy ? 3 minutes later
i have cysts in my overy and a thicker then normal uterus but i want to have another child could i have another child?
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 37 minutes later
Hello and thank you for your query.

The answer is most likely yes but you may need some minor degree of medical intervention. As for the thicker than normal uterus - this needs to be further defined by your gynecologist. If it is a benign thickening, sometimes they may do a procedure called a dilation and curettage which basically removes some of the thickened tissue. As for the ovarian cysts, it is possible you have a variant of polycystic ovary syndrome. This can result in irregular periods and occasionally a state where there is a hormonal imbalance.

There are medications available which help to mitigate the symptoms of polycystic ovarian syndrome and by doing so, it can confer a higher degree of fertility. Let me fully reassure you that you have options which you can discuss with your gynecologist. I would not be discouraged at all. I hope you found my answer adequate and informative. I am available for your followups.