Does a panic attack affect trans mitral dopler flow and waht causes irregular heart rate?

My blood pressur monitor at home is giving an irregular heart rate symbol. Ive had a heart workup. Stress test norm Ecg norm Echo norm but doppler flow suggests impaired lv relaxation But had anxiety disorder at time of test. Does a panic attack affect trans mitral dopler flow? Anyways 3 times today my digital monitor says i have irregular heartbeat. I had a 48 hour holter that showed nothing and a loop recorder that showed nothing. Chest xrays are norm. What could. Cause this? Im a 40 year old female and suffer from lightheadedness and palpitations. Diagnosed with Ankylosing spondylitis and have mulitiple brain lesions being investigated.
Posted Tue, 31 Dec 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 58 minutes later
Brief Answer: tests rule out heart disease Detailed Answer: HI, thanks for using healthcare magic It is understandable that the digital monitoring reading is alarming but if you had a full cardiac work up (ECG, holter, echo, stress test) and these were are all normal , then you do not have any heart disease. Since these tests do not show evidence of structural or function problems with the heart , the readings may be as a result of (1)error on the part of the machine or , if you are experiencing palpitations, (2)non cardiac abnormalities- anxiety, excess use of caffeine, some medications, electrolyte abnormalities, hyperthyroidism can cause abnormal heart rhythms. The test rule out any heart disease so any abnormal rhythm the machine is picking up would have to be due to one of these causes. If it continues then you can consider rechecking your machine against your doctor's or simply going for a review I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions
Follow-up: Does a panic attack affect trans mitral dopler flow and waht causes irregular heart rate? 1 hour later
Do these test results look normal here. Done in july 2013
Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 6 hours later
Brief Answer: both normal Detailed Answer: HI The echo report noted no abnormalities and it went through the different aspects of the heart,stating that no abnormalities were seen at each point. The holter was also normal, they also stated that at the point were symptoms were seen or experienced there were no abnormalities in the heart rate or rhythm at that same time. Both are normal Please feel free to ask anything else
Follow-up: Does a panic attack affect trans mitral dopler flow and waht causes irregular heart rate? 22 hours later
My echo says suggestive of impaired LV relaxation. Is that anything to be concerned about? Especially if im anemic? I suffer from heart palps and dizziness and lightheadedness.
Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 2 hours later
Brief Answer: not likely to have any effect Detailed Answer: HI Even though that statement was made, the final summary of the report indicated the rhythm was normal and the ejection fraction (the amount of blood pumped out with each beat) was 55%, which is within normal range. They stated that there was the relaxation between beats was impaired , however based on the subsequent readings it is not having any significant effect.It is not likely to affect anemia As mentioned there are other causes of heart palpitations, dizziness other than intrinsic heart disease (no abnormality with the heart itself) such as anemia (as in your case), high thyroid hormone, anxiety, side effect of medication, caffeine