Does a paiful lymphnode in groin and abdominal pain indicate cancer?

Hi I have a lump in my lymphnode in groin on my right side. I have been getting ache in my right thigg also ache down my right leg. And a bit of like bruising pain in my lowere abdomen. Ive been to doctor had an ultrasound Results say a lump was detected and they are going to do biopsy. But I am so worried it may be cancer. Could it be or not. I just want to stop worrying. Thanks.
Posted Wed, 8 Jan 2014 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 59 minutes later
Brief Answer: Only biopsy would be conclusive on cancer or not! Detailed Answer: Hi and thank you so much for this query. I am so sorry to hear about the finding of this lymph node. I know it raises the suspicion of several different pathologies of which cancer is the most feared. Other possible causes are infection, sarcoidosis, tuberculosis, auto immune diseases, or no actual cause. It is however difficult to tell simply from the examination whether it is cancer or not. However, raising the suspicion of cancer is the best thing to do to make sure we address the worse possible scenario. Leading up to the biopsy, other findings are very informative on the possibility of it being a cancer or not. For instance, if it is big is size(4cm or more), very hard, immobile, accompanied by symptoms like weight loss, loss of appetite, etc may make the likelihood of cancer higher. Absence of these symptoms make this less likely. What ever the final diagnosis on biopsy is, the speculation would have been over and together we shall face what the findings and diagnosis is. Medicine has advanced and cancers that used to be universally fatal are no longer the case. I want to assure you that we shall stand by you all the times and make sure you received the best treatment given the current prevailing evidence on what ever the biopsy is going to settle on. We solve our problems by knowing and facing them and never otherwise. I think this is a bold and very correct step in the right direction. Be relaxed. Be calm. It shall be well. We shall soon get answers. I will suggest that you follow up with your doctors and get the biopsy done. Your anxiety is real and no one would go pretending to be unconcerned in such a condition. I hope you find this information helpful I wish you the very best of possible outcomes on this biopsy. Thanks for using our services and please feel free to request for more information and clarifications if need be. Dr. Ditah, MD.