Does a hernia in groin area causes testicle to hurt?

Does a hernia in your groin area cause your testicle to hurt? Would a CT scan of the pelvic region prior to a prostate biopsy show testicles?
Posted Wed, 13 Nov 2013 in Testicle Problems
Answered by Dr. Yogesh D 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Hernia can cause testes to hurt.

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for the query. I appreciate you seeking help in understanding your problems, particularly while being diagnosed recently with prostate cancer.

Yes, a hernia in the groin can and frequently causes pain in the testicles. That is because the hernia can impinge on the nerve that supplies the testes, hence causing the pain, it does not however mean there is something wrong with the testes per se.

Yes, the CT scan of the pelvis will generally show testicles, but it is not a must, because, the radiographer might have terminated the procedure before the CT scanned the scrotum. CT scan can show multiple slices either in horizontal plane or vertical plane, depending on how many slices were taken and where the testicles may or may not be seen on the CT scan, but generally at least one of the horizontal slices will show the testicles. It does not depend on whether it was done prior to or after the biopsy.

I hope I have answered your question. Please do write back if you need any clarification.

Wishing you good luck with the radiation therapy.

Warm regards,