Does a heart rate of 44 indicate any abnormality while taking Catdizem for atrial fibrillation?

My heart rate is 44 is that normal? I take 180 mg Catdizem twice a day for AFIB
Posted Fri, 24 Jan 2014 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 1 hour later
Brief Answer: This is not normal.... Detailed Answer: Hi, Thank you so much for trusting us with your health query. I am so sorry to hear about this heart rate of 44. It is not normal and reduced. If you have experienced any symptoms like dizziness, easy fatigue, etc, then contact your doctor as soon as possible. Normal heart rates are often expected to be at least 55. I strongly suspect that cardizem is probably responsible for this. It is a known side effect of this drug and should be reviewed by your cardiologist. He would compare this value with the other values and make a decision in context to address this. I hope you find this helpful. I wish you well. Thank you so much for using our services and please do feel free to ask for more information if need. Thanks. Dr. Ditah, MD.