Ask a Urologist   »  

Does a TVT cause slight bleeding while using the toilet ?

i had a tvt done on the 19th i just awoke to go to the bathroom and voided and went to wipe and bright red blood with a clot and the toilet filled with bright red blood is this a need to go to er
Posted Sun, 22 Apr 2012 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Minoo Bhagia 6 hours later
Hello ,

Thanks for your query

Stitches in vagina usually dissolve within 6 weeks so there can be slight bleeding.

If it is more then it indicates infection , better take a good course of antibiotic.Do consult your gynecologist and get examined to be sure about the well being of the wound.

Do not exert too much as it can worsen the condition.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any follow up queries I will be available to answer them