Does a Hyaline Casts value of 5 indicate anything?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Apr 2014
Apr 2014

Radiologist
Question
Does a "Hyaline Cast, Ur" value of 5 indicate anything?
Posted Sun, 8 Dec 2013 in X-ray, Lab tests and Scans

Answered by Dr. Indu Kumar 22 minutes later
Brief Answer: Hyaline casts up to 5 is normal limit. Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for writing to XXXXXXX You shouldn't worry. Normal patients may have hyaline casts in urine value up to 5.But it is upper side of limit. There is another possibility that you may have early disease, so better to consult urologist and get thorough investigations done so that underlying cause can be detected. Hyaline casts generally indicate renal disease and it may be due to Hypertension, Diabetes mellitus or autoimmune disease. Hyaline casts are also found due to dehydration,exercise or diuretic medicines. Get well soon Hope i have answered your query. Further queries are most welcome. Take Care Dr.Indu XXXXXXX

Follow-up: Does a Hyaline Casts value of 5 indicate anything? 28 minutes later
I have a lot of autoimmune things going on. Most doctors, when they hear the word "autuimmune" . . . well it seems to shut down their thought processes. I'm wondering if you know a doctor who has an open mind, and expert knowledge of autoimmune disorders, and the ability to look at the entire organism (me). Right now, I am getting different opinions from every doctor I see. I would like to be able to forward all of my labs, imaging, and history to someone who will review it thouroughly. If you know anyone, I would very much appreciate your pointing me in that direction. I live in Utah, but I am sure that I can capture my entire history on DVD, or even post it for download. Thanks.

Answered by Dr. Indu Kumar 4 hours later
Brief Answer: Sorry,I have no idea about doctors in your place. Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for writing back Sorry,I have no idea about doctors in your place. Immunologist can give you right suggestions.You can online search them in your place. You will definitely find some one competent in this field. Get well soon. Hope i have answered your query. Further queries are most welcome. Take Care Dr.Indu XXXXXXX