Does Zolpidem cause traces of mitral and tricuspid valve regurgitation?

Hello I am 25 years old, my echo result, shows trace of mitral valve regurgitation and trace tricuspid valve regurgitation. Everything else was normal but my right ventricle shows cavity size is mildly enlarged at 429.9 I weight 117 and I am 5'2. The doc said my heart is healthy and that I have nothing to worry about. Everything else was normal and my ejection fraction is 60% which doc said is considered normal. I been worry and haven't been sleeping much. Could my sleepy pills zolpidem 10 mg that I have been taking for a while have caused this. How often should I get check? Thank you, please respond, I am so worried :(
Posted Fri, 14 Mar 2014 in Valvular Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Benard Shehu 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Zolpidem can't cause mitral&tricuspid regurgitatio Detailed Answer: Hi XXXX I read your query very carefully. Your ECHO results show only traces of mitral and tricuspid valve regurgitation and as a rule are considered normal (within accepted parameters). The pill you are taking (Zolpidem) for a while has nothing to do with that and cannot cause mitral and tricuspid regurgitation. I recommend getting checked by a cardiologist every year with ECG and ECHO as part of the routine checkup. Hope it was of help! Dr.Benard Feel free to ask me other questions you might have!
Follow-up: Does Zolpidem cause traces of mitral and tricuspid valve regurgitation? 43 hours later
Thank you for your response. So traces of mitral and tricuspid valve regurgitation is something normal that most healthy hearts have? Can having a lot of anxiety cause this? Or do you think its something most hearts are born with? Also in my report is says right ventricle shows cavity size is mildly enlarged at 429.9, is this something normal to and if not could my anxiety have caused this? Thank you for time.
Answered by Dr. Benard Shehu 7 hours later
Brief Answer: Common acquired heart conditions... Detailed Answer: Hi back, Thank you for following up. Please bare in mind that mitral and tricuspidal regurgitation can be commonly found in healthy people with normal heart. Furthermore, it has nothing to do with anxiety. It is not inherited but it is acquired during life. The most common causes include having frequent colds/viral infections during childhood. It is true that the volume of right ventricle is mildly enlarged, but it should be evaluated according to the weight and height. Once again, even this enlargement has nothing to Do with anxiety. All the best! Dr.Benard