Does Vitamin B12 level of 1648 indicate any abnormality?

Question
Vitamin B12 level is 1648
Posted Sat, 1 Feb 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects

Answered by Dr. Guru 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Refer below Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for consulting HealthcareMagic! Vitamin B12 levels are usually measured in pg/dl. Normal range is 210 to 900 pg/dl approximately. However your sentence is not showing any parameter as such after the number 1648. Kindly update on it. Increased levels of Vitamin B12 leve may sometimes be associated with a serious disease some blood disorders like polycythemia vera, hypereosinophilic syndrome can result in increased Vitamin B12. Several liver diseases like acute hepatitis, cirrhosis etc can also result in the increase of Vitamin B12 level. Anyhow if there is elevation of Vitamin B12 levels, a complete diagnostic work up is needed to assess the presence of diseases as mentioned above. Complete blood picture and similar investigations with physical exam can up get proper idea. Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if you have have any clarifications. If not, you can close the discussion and rate the answer. If you like my answers and wish me to answer in future, bring it to my attention: Dr Vasanth. Url link is as follows: WWW.WWWW.WW Wish you good health!

Follow-up: Does Vitamin B12 level of 1648 indicate any abnormality? 1 hour later
There is the capital H after it

Answered by Dr. Guru 11 hours later
Brief Answer: Refer below Detailed Answer: Hi, Can you please upload the report so that it can be clearly interpreted without confusion. You can take the help of our customer care in doing so. Thank you!

Follow-up: Does Vitamin B12 level of 1648 indicate any abnormality? 33 hours later
Good morning i have uploaded my results

Answered by Dr. Guru 50 minutes later
Brief Answer: Refer below Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for the update! Gone through your report. Yes, it shows there is increase in the levels of Vitamin B12. And as i have previously mentioned- Increased levels of Vitamin B12 leve may sometimes be associated with a serious disease some blood disorders like polycythemia vera, hypereosinophilic syndrome can result in increased Vitamin B12. Several liver diseases like acute hepatitis, cirrhosis etc can also result in the increase of Vitamin B12 level. Discuss the above possibilities with your doctor based on physical exam. Take care!