Does UTI cause nausea ?

I've been feeling nausea on and off since earlier this month. No vomiting at all. This feeling only last for a while then goes away. When I started to have this symptom I was also feeling pressure on my forehead and fatigue. The head pressure and fatigue has went away. However, for the last few days, I still develop some nausea feelings in the morning. I'm not pregnant at all. Can this be something serious? Please advised.
Posted Sat, 14 Apr 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Mitaly 1 hour later

Thanks for posting your query

Nausea and forehead pressure can be due to various reasons as ENT infection,sinusitis,nutritional deficiency,BP changes etc.
Sometimes due to over production of stomach acid nausea might be felt in the morning.Have Chamomile tea 2 to 3 times a day.
Take small frequent meals.
Avoid fatty,oily food intake and have more of fibre in diet.
Drink lots of water.
Go for a walk daily.
Take Multivitamin supplement once a day for a month.
If the symptoms still persist or worsen kindly see a Primary Physician for evaluation.You would require clinical examination along with investigations as Blood Profile and Blood sugar test to rule out the exact cause.

Hope I have answered your query.I will be available to answer your follow up query.

Follow-up: Does UTI cause nausea ? 1 hour later
Thanks for your respond. I just had a blood test done last week and it came back normal. The head pressure is improving. However, the nausea is on and off which started about 2 1/2 weeks ago. But it's not extreme where I have to stay in bed. I did online research about nausea causes and it mentioned about other serious illness such as cancers. Should this still be a concern?
Answered by Dr. Mitaly 7 hours later

Good to hear that your Blood tests are normal.
Just nausea cannot be indicative of cancer as you do not have any other symptom.Do not take stress.
It can be due to overproduction of stomach acid,fatigue,any drug effect etc
Kindly do some lifestyle modification as advised and then observe any changes.
If the symptoms still persist for long or worsen get a clinical examination done.

Wishing you Good Health.
Follow-up: Does UTI cause nausea ? 203 days later
I started to have nausea symptoms a few days ago. However, there is no vomiting besides being tired. My appetite is still normal. These were similar symptoms from what I had back in April of this year. I don't know what's causing these symptoms. Could it be due to a virus or stress? I just hope that it is nothing serious. Like mentioned previously, I already had a blood test done back in April and it came back normal. As of now, the nausea seems to go on and off throughout the day. I don't know if I should go see my doctor or wait to see if the symptoms gets worse. Please advised.
Answered by Dr. Mitaly 5 hours later

Thanks for writing again.

Since it has been quite a long time you have complaints of nausea it can be due to Gall bladder issues,overproduction of acid,pancreatitis etc.

Stress can worsen the symptom but cannot be the only cause.

Consider getting a USG(Ultrasound) scan done to rule out ant Gall bladder stone,inflammation of the pancreas and surrounding areas as it would help in the diagnosis.

Meanwhile consider taking on an empty stomach Tab. Prilosec in the morning for 5 days and observe for any changes.

Wishing you Good health!

Follow-up: Does UTI cause nausea ? 15 hours later
I just had a urine test done this morning and there was an increased in white blood cells. The doctor says I may have a UTI causes nausea symptoms? I'm hoping that nausea will go away once I start taking the antibiotics for the infection.
Follow-up: Does UTI cause nausea ? 5 hours later
Is it also normal to have frequent infections during short period of time? I had a yeast infection in XXXXXXX eye infection in September,and now illness such as leukemia or etc? The only symptoms I have now is light nausea on and off throughout the day. Please advised. Thanks.
Answered by Dr. Mitaly 12 minutes later

Thanks for the follow up query.

Severe urinary tract infection can cause nausea and vomiting. You may continue with the antibiotics and then observe for changes.

Meanwhile I would also recommend you to get an ultrasound scan done for the whole abdomen so that along with the gall bladder, pancreas, kidneys can also be visualized and rule out any other possibility.

Regarding the various infections, they can be present periodically as yeast, urinary infections and are quite common in females and in the absence of any other symptoms as weight loss, decreased appetite, low grade fever and pain, leukemia cannot be commented on.

Wishing you speedy recovery!