Does Toradol IV for intestinal inflammation cause side effects on vagina and anal area ?

I have diverticulitis and had toradol iv for intestinal inflammation which burned my vagina and anal area. Is it the nerve ending? Can I do anything to stop it? Thank you
Posted Wed, 11 Apr 2012 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 26 minutes later
Hello and thanks for the query.

As for the toradol - it is possible you had a bit of sensitivity to the medication. It is an anti-inflammatory/pain reliever as I am sure you are aware. The drug will work its way out of your system within 8 to 12 hours. Sometimes the drug could persist in the system a bit longer depending on your kidney function.

I suggest you do the following at this point - hydrate as best you can with water. This is the best hydrating beverage for you. You could take 25 mg of benadryl to possibly help with the symptoms. Be aware, however that Benadryl can make you sleepy for a few hours.

For the diverticultitis you are on an appropriate antibiotic regimen and should finish those medications as directed. If for some reason the burning sensation worsens or you develop additional symptoms such as fever or difficulty breathing please go to the ER.

Again, I thank you for your query. I hope my response was both adequate and informative. I wish you continued excellent health.

Dr. Galamaga