Does THC from the use of Cannabis have any effect on HRT for pre-op trans male to female?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Apr 2013
Apr 2013

General Surgeon
Question
does THC from the use of Cannabis have any effects on HRT for pre-op trans male to females?

I am 21 years old, genetic male who smokes cannabis daily. I want to know if THC will have detrimental effects to hormone replacement therapy.) Does the use of THC inhibit the effects of estrogen/anti androgens?
Posted Sun, 5 May 2013 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 1 hour later
Hi and welcome to XXXXXXX
Scientific evidences say that cannabis even in large doses has neither estrogenic nor antiestrogenic effects.So it wont have any interaction with your HRT. But there are other negative effects of kanabis and as a doctor I need to suggest that you stop or reduce cannabis consumption. it can have irreversible consequences and many of them arent yet investigated enough.
Wish you good health and good luck!

Follow-up: Does THC from the use of Cannabis have any effect on HRT for pre-op trans male to female? 28 minutes later
I see. Would the consumption of THC have any effects on secondary effects of HRT? Such as the redistribution of fat? Basically what I want to know is if the consumption of THC would decrease the general feminizing effects of male to female HRT. Thank you for answering my questions

Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 6 minutes later
No.there is no any endocrine or metabolic effect of that kind.it wont affect your male to fem trans., dont worry. regards