Does RBBB cause severe pain in stomach, back and chest ?

Hi my 14 year old daughter who is of healthy weight and height has been experiencing severe pains of and on in her stomach back sides and chest for the past seven years . She has had every test and all fine. Recently the pain has been more in the chest and one morning isherwood woke up with what she said was like someone punching her in the chest then her heart started racing. I took her to the doctor and he gave her ECG. He said she has rbbb. We are waiting to be referred. Could this have been the problem all along and should I be worried. Should I stillkeep taking her back when the pain is bad. I am just so worried.
Posted Sun, 6 May 2012 in Heart Rate and Rhythm Disorders
Answered by Dr. Mohammed Tauseef 1 hour later

Thanks for the Query.

You have described well but I Would like to know few more things which would help me in suggesting you better:

1.) Does she have fainting episodes?
2.) Does she have feeling that she is going to faint?
3.) Does she have breathlessness?
4.) Is she having any congenital heart disease?

The description provided by you suggests Bundle Branch Block(either left or right), but other causes for her symptoms has to be ruled out, like:
1.) Supraventricular Tachycardia (WPW Syndrome)
2.) Ventricular Tachycardia

Get her examined by a Cardiologist so that he/she may examine her and run a
1.) Blood Work
2.) Urinalysis
3.) EKG
4.) 2D-ECHO
5.) Chest X XXXXXXX
to rule out the exact cause for her symptoms. Once the cause for the block is confirmed , the treatment will depend upon the cause.

Most people without any symptoms don't require any treatment, if her symptoms are severe, she will require treatment.

The Treatment modalities include,
1.) Medications
2.) Coronary Angioplasty and stenting
3.) Artificial Pacemakers

Her treating Doctor will know which modality suits her better.

If it is a RBBB, she will require close monitoring by her Cardiologist and Periodic Follow up to monitor her health status.

Let her,
1.) get adequate rest and not exert much
2.) Avoid stress
3.) Eat healthy nutritious balanced diet which should include fresh fruits and XXXXXXX leafy vegetables
4.) Stick to her treatment plan and go for regular follow up.

Hope I have answered your Query, I will be available to answer your Follow up Queries.

I Wish her Good Health.

Take Care.
Follow-up: Does RBBB cause severe pain in stomach, back and chest ? 2 hours later
She doesnt have fainting episodes. As far as i know she is not having heart disease. She does get a little breathless. Could all the stomach and other pains been related to RBBB is this what has been causing them over the years.
Answered by Dr. Mohammed Tauseef 17 hours later

Thank you for Writing Back.

Yes, RBBB could be one of the reasons for all her symptoms, but the other causes for the same have to be ruled out. Hence she needs a through evaluation by a Cardiologist so that he/she could do a Physical examination and run few tests to support their Diagnosis.

The cause for Breathlessness also has to be ruled out to know if it is cardiac related or lungs related or if there is any other reason to it.

See to it that she follows the Lifestyle changes which i have mentioned and sticks to her treatment plan.

Take her for regular follow up.

I Wish her very Good Health, once again.

Take Care.
Follow-up: Does RBBB cause severe pain in stomach, back and chest ? 12 hours later
I took her to the hospital today because her pain was bad. Two doctors told me the two ECG she had done was abnormal and one said that it was normal and that she has dispaxia. Some gas in her chest and sent us home. Do you think I should get a second opinion.
Answered by Dr. Mohammed Tauseef 11 hours later
Thanks for the follow up.

I Would suggest you get a Second Opinion from a Cardiologist who would guide you better as one of her ECGs is abnormal.

I have no idea what Dispaxia means, may be there is a spelling mistake.

Kindly take her to a Cardiologist at the earliest.

Good Luck and Take Care.