Does Primolut usuage cause any harm to the foetus?
User rating for this question
my wife is taken primolut, without knowing she is pregnant, any harmful for baby.
Posted Sat, 15 Mar 2014 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. S Patra 48 minutes later
Brief Answer: DETAILS ARE GIVEN BELOW. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for writing to us. Primolut-N (Norethisterone tab) usually does not create any harmful effect to growing embryo before confirmation of pregnancy or getting first missed period because fetal Organogenesis starts from 5th week onwards. It should be completely stopped as soon as possible and if you have continued the tab after 5 weeks, then virilization of female baby may occur. Here, you need to undergo one Trans Vaginal Ultrasound scan and blood test for beta-hCG at the earliest to check that fetus is viable with normal heart beat and properly developed according to gestational age. Above tests give a gross idea (preliminary) of healthy pregnancy and overall fetal well being. In addition, you must take Folic acid & Vitamin supplements for better growth and development of fetal nervous system and avoid NTD (Neural Tube Disease). Hope, I have answered your query. Kindly, close the discussion if you don't have any other query. Wish your good health and take care yourself. Regards, Dr Soumen For future query, you can directly approach me through WWW.WWWW.WW
People also viewed
- Can i take prolisec to induce miscarriage?
- Very sore eyes gestational diabetes
- Can flucloxacillin harm foetus
- Can femulen harm foetus
- Can train journeys induce miscarriage
- Lactulose solution to induce labour
- Does primolut usuage cause any harm to the foetus
- Diabend m side effects
- Will primolut-n affect the foetus
- Excess sweating and gestational diabetes
- Are cashew nuts harmful to the foetus
- Honey during gestational diabetes
- What is the meaning tmt is positive for inducible ischemia .
- Can smokeless tobacco induce a seizure
- Jaggery during gestational diabetes