Does Per ventricular and deep white matter hypo density due to ischemic changes demyelination cause multiple sclerosis?

Question
I have Per ventricular and deep white matter hypo density may be to micro vascular ischemic changes demyelination does this mean I have MS
Posted Fri, 27 Dec 2013 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 1 hour later
Brief Answer: More infrmation is needed. Detailed Answer: Hi and thank you so much for this query. I am so sorry to hear about these disturbing findings that you have mentioned. From the information you have provided, we cannot say this is diagnostic of multiple sclerosis. The diagnosis of MS starts with suggestive symptoms confirmed on various imaging and laboratory investigations. If there are signs and symptoms suggestive of MS, then these findings may raise more suspicion that need to be further investigated. Without you reporting any other symptoms, I will not call this MS. With diabetes and PAD, it is more likely that these changes are consistent with vascular changes than MS. Please do not get too concerned just et about MS unless we get more information that makes it likely. If there are any reasons why you think this is the possible problem, then please provide the details. Otherwise, these findings are not diagnostic of MS. I hope you find this helpful. Thank you so much for using our services and please do feel free to ask for clarifications if need be. I wish you the best of health. Dr. Ditah, MD.

Follow-up: Does Per ventricular and deep white matter hypo density due to ischemic changes demyelination cause multiple sclerosis? 10 hours later
I am diagnosed with the following issues Dementia, Coronary artery disease, Peripheral artery disease, Diabetes, Lower and upper extremities Neourophaty fusion of C2, with a mild compress spinal cord, old lacunar infarcts,left thalamus,right cerebellar hemisphere and both corona dadiata, cerebro-cerebelolar, Atheromatous changes,both internal carotid and vertebral arteries. Sincerely XXXX

Brief Answer: This is not MS Detailed Answer: Hi and thanks for following up with me. With this additional information, these findings are related more to the already exiting diagnosis than MS. In fact, MS should not evne be on the list of possible diagnoses. I hope this helps. I wish you well. Dr. Ditah, MD.