Does Oxazepam and Melatonin have any interaction with Propofal?
User rating for this question
I'm having a breast removed tomorrow morning and it's 7:00 p.m. here now. My surgery is at 7:30 a.m. tomorrow. I already had all my pretests and saw a general doc who said not to take vitamins or herbs up to two weeks before the surgery. Here's my question. He did not put a "no" next to my PRN oxascapam (Serax) which is a benzoidiazopene. I will be getting propophal as the anasthetic I'm told. So I guess I can take my 10 mg. of Oxaxcapam tonight before bed? Also, I forgot to ask him about melatonin? I usually take 5 mgs. That is not an herb or vitamin though. What do you think about these two items tonight? thanks.
Posted Wed, 5 Feb 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Manjeth Kumar G 3 hours later
Brief Answer: Yes. You can take. Best to inform Anesthetist befo Detailed Answer: Hello, I have gone through your query and understand your concern. Both Oxazepam and Melatonin do not have any major interaction with Propofal, an anesthetic. In fact, both the drugs are used before surgery to reduce the stress and anxiety about surgery. Therefore I do not find any contraindications to avoid them. However before you take them, it is best to keep your anesthetist, surgeons and nurses informed about it. The need to be informed incase they plan to change or try a different anaesthesia. Hope this helps. Please write back for further queries. Wishing you good health.
People also viewed
- Very bad burning sensation when you deficate
- Execema in butt crack
- Melatonin drug interactions
- Urine culture report pus cells hpf epithelial
- Vaginal bleeding after ovulation with pain in left side of groin
- Butt hole has flesh connect
- Melatonin interactions with meds
- Pink line down butt crack
- Melatonin and lisinopril interaction
- Drug interactions among benadryl zolpidem and oxazepam
- Triglycerides 149 mgdl
- Does oxazepam and melatonin have any interaction with propofal
- Sore stomach green poop
- How to cure butt cracks
- Lump in left butt cheek under skin