Does Naproxen cause problems in Colon and Fecal Occult Blood Test?

Hi I tested positive with a iFOBT (FITS) test for colon problems .. Can Naproxen use be resposible , or not ?
Posted Mon, 17 Feb 2014 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan 1 hour later
Brief Answer: COlorectal malignancies to rule out Detailed Answer: Good day Mr Somerville! Thank you for asking my name is dr s XXXXXXX and i would like to help you with your issue of colon and fecal occult blood test positivity in concomitant use of naproxene. Mr Somerville I want you to know that Naproxene as an NSAID can do these too as GI bleeding resulting is a common side effect of these too, But considering your age of 60 and male gender, there is a very likely possibility of neoplasia / malignancy. So i want you to seek the gastroenterologist help for work up of colorectal malignancies as it looks like you got one. Hope this answer finds you in good health . Kindly close the discussion please if you have no more questions to ask. Take care and may the odds be ever in your favour. Regards Dr S XXXXXXX