Does "Methylprednisone" cause weight gain?

thankyou I felt like bad and needed something strong so the doctor gave me methylprednisone 4mg. and a inhaler symbicort am concerned with weight gain but I don't think I would give in to hunger and I would drink a lot of water just wanted to feel better and she is the only doctor who gave me something to make me feel better ?
Posted Sun, 23 Feb 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Alokkalyani 38 minutes later
Brief Answer: exercises Detailed Answer: Hi and thanks for the query I am Dr. Alok and very pleased to be assisting you with your health questions today. methylprednisolone for a short period time, doesnot cause weight gain, but if you need to take it for a long time, you need to be careful about your weight. You can do exercises and take fruits and vegetables to keep you full. Hope this helps and provides answers to your question. If you have any further queries, please don’t hesitate to ask me again I wish you good health, take care --Dr. Alok