Does MRI scans cause cancer?

Nov 2013

Are MRI XXXXXXX for you ? Can u have unlimited? Or do they cause cancer ?
Posted Fri, 20 Dec 2013 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 13 hours later
Brief Answer: Thank you for posting your query. Detailed Answer: MRI scans are safe and do not increase the risk of cancer. This is because there is no radiation exposure from MRI (unlike CT scans, which poses radiation hazard, and increases the risk of cancer). Therefore, one can have unlimited number of MRI scans. I hope my answer helps. Please get back if you require any additional information. Wishing you good health, Dr Sudhir Kumar MD (Internal Medicine), DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad, India Click on this link to ask me a DIRECT QUERY: My BLOG: