Does Loratadine cause an increase in Blood Pressure?

Pain Medicine & Palliative Care Specialist
Will Loratadine cause an increase in Blood Pressure? I have taken the med only two days. My BP is normally very good. It is now 170/75.
Posted Sat, 8 Feb 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Kerry Pottinger 27 minutes later
Brief Answer: Not likely to raise BP. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thank you for using Healthcare Magic. Loratadine is not known to cause an increase in blood pressure. Your current blood pressure is slightly raised however, it would be advisable to monitor your blood pressure over a few days before making any decisions about the need for treatment. I hope this is of help. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact me. Regards, Dr K A Pottinger, MBChB FRCA