Does Keppra cause high pressure in eyes?
User rating for this question
My son has epilepsey. He just went to the eye doctor and the told him the pressure in one of his eyes is very high. Could the medication keppra cause this?
Posted Tue, 25 Mar 2014 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Can be due to Keppra. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for posting your query. Keppra can cause blurring of vision; double vision or raised pressure in the eyes. If only one of the eyes is affected then any pathology related to the eye also needs to be ruled out first. In case no eye pathology is detected then you can consider getting doses of keppra adjusted from his neurologist according to the severity of epilepsy. I hope this answers your query. In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out. Wishing you good health. Regards. Dr. Praveen Tayal. For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal
People also viewed
- Small lump under eye
- Mobile calculi in gall bladder
- Is red, irritated eyes a side effect of keppra?
- My 2 year old constantly crying in pain from chicken pox
- Pressure around eye socket
- Pug eye pop out
- Does keppra cause high pressure in eyes
- Keppra dry eyes go away
- Rem with eyes open
- Mucus in stool stomach pain blood in mucus
- Can keppra cause seizures
- My back hurts my head hurt and im cold and my chest
- My baby has swollen earlobe
- Can keppra cause acne
- Milk spots under eyes