Does HLA B27 Positive cause fatigue and tiredness?

Nov 2013

relationship between HLA B27 Positive and fatigue/tiredness (lack of energy)?
Posted Sun, 2 Feb 2014 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 8 minutes later
Brief Answer: My reply is below. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thank you for posting your query. HLA B27 positivity is commonly associated with ankylosing spondylitis (AS) and anterior uveitis. In AS, there is usually joint pains, affecting back and spine. In uveitis, there is severe inflammation of urea of eye, leading to pain and redness of eyes. Fatigue and tiredness are not so common in HLA B27 positivity, however, if the patient has AS or uveitis or is taking medications for them, then, fatigue may occur. I hope my answer helps. Please get back if you have any follow up queries or if you require any additional information. Wishing you good health, Dr Sudhir Kumar MD (Internal Medicine), DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad, India Click on this link to ask me a DIRECT QUERY: My BLOG: