Does HIV impact vision?

Has HIV impact on the sight ? It feels that my eyes are a little slower to adjust. I still see well object far away. I still need my glasses to read. But again, it seems slightly slower to adjust Thanks
Posted Fri, 28 Feb 2014 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. Dadapeer K 1 hour later
Brief Answer: It looks like age related presbyopia. Detailed Answer: Hello Welcome to Health Care Magic Iam Dr. Dadapeer K, an Ophthalmologist and I answer health problems related to eye. It seems from the history that you are diagnosed with HIV recently. HIV can cause various manifestations in the eyes. The common eye manifestations are secondary infections, retinopathy.. Hence you require eye examination once in a year to look for any of the complications. But need not worry as most of these complications occur only when the CD4 counts are decreased, hence you need to get the CD4 count done regularly and take treatment as advised by your treating physician. As I have been seeing regularly the patients with HIV and AIDS, most of them do well with treatment and eye manifestations are rarely seen with normal CD4 counts. The problem you have quoted in the history like difficult to see and adjust for distances indicate age related problems like presbyopia. This can be treated by refraction and correction by suitable spectacles. Hence I advice you to consult your optometrist or ophthalmologist for eye examination and prescription of spectacles. Hope I have answered your questions. Thank you