Does GERD or LPR cause swelling in lymph nodes while having acid reflux?

Gastroenterologist
Question
Hi doctor i'm having acid reflux for the past 5 months. I had done an endoscopy and the doctor also was referring to acid reflux as a cause for my lump feeling in the throat. Also i'm having swollen lymph nodes in under my chin which started after having a sore throat because of acid reflex. My question is, will GERD or LPR cause nodes to swell? i was having reflex very often at-least 2 to 3 times daily for 2 three months. Then i started took Parit D (initially once a day and after a month started taking twice daily) and caused relief to some extend, but getting the burning sensation in the throat and burping in my stomach etc...During my endoscopy doctor had taken a sample from throat and result was negative.. but i'm still worried becuse of the swollen nodes and lump feeling in the throat. Please let me have your view point in this regard
Posted Sun, 29 Dec 2013 in Abdominal Pain

Answered by Dr. Klerida Shehu 17 days later
Brief Answer: Please follow the suggestions below... Detailed Answer: Hi, I read your medical history carefully and would reply as following: - it is true that reflux is causing swollen nodes due to the acidity of the stomach liquid during reflux. This makes them vulnerable to being easily infected by bacteria of virus. So, at this point, I suggest to - follow the reflux treatment rigorously - keep a proper diet - do not lay down immediately after eating - do use 2 pillows when sleeping At the end, have patience as the problems you are experiencing will be resolved but you need to have patience and determination. Wish you health! Dr.Klerida Feel free to ask me other questions you might have.