Does Epclusa help cure hepatitis C?

Excellent

Question
My name is XXXXXXX x. xxxx and I asked a question on chat and paid to receie the answer, left my phone number 321-499-3103 for a call. I have Hep C with geno type 3 and the doctor has prescribed Epclusa . I have had leukemia acute myeloid myelogenous , in 1992 and was cured but received hep c through a blood transfusion. I have not heard back from the chat room and am worried about the blood condition, disease and cure. what is wrong. Harvoni is not strong enough for me.
Posted Sun, 19 Nov 2017 in null

Answered by Dr. Lekshmi Rita Venugopal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Epclusa is very effective in clearing up Hepatitis C (genotype 3)

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for trusting HCM

Epclusa is a combination of two antiviral medications sofosbuvir / velpatasvir. The medication is newly approved by FDA and acts by directly preventing the replication of the virus and clearing up the infection.
Untreated Hepatitis C infection poses the risk for liver cirrhosis and hepatocellular carcinoma. So it is important to initiate treatment.
Side effects of Epclusa include allergic reaction, heart rhythm abnormality, stomach upset, anemia and decreased sleep. But the benefits outweigh the side effects of the medication.
Epclusa should be taken as 1 tablet a day for 12 weeks.

Hope this answers your questions
Please let me know if you need further clarification
Dr.Lekshmi