Does Enterobacter clocae complex reacts to Amoxicillin?
User rating for this question
I am 3.5 months pregnant and for 3.5 months I have had respiratory problems. I caught a bug just as I fell pregnant. I was diagnosed with pneumonia in September. Had a repeat chest x-ray done yesterday, it showed no consolidation. Allergy tests - negative. No astma. However my sputum test from 12 days ago showed that I had Enterobacter clocae complex. I am on my 12th day of Amoxicillin antibiotics (pretty much self prescribed as my physician just wanted me to use steroid inhalers for the next 3 months. I have already been on various inhalers, they don't help). Could you please tell me whether Enterobacter clocae complex reacts to Amoxicillin? I feel better after having taken these antibiotics, but I still cough up strange looking yellow and white phlegm and I hear some crackling and wheezing noises in my chest especially when I lie down. They are not as bad as a week ago, but I just want to treat the root cause of the problem as I have been unwell for so long now. Thank you.
Posted Mon, 16 Dec 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 34 minutes later
Brief Answer: antibiotic sensitivity test Detailed Answer: Hello XXXXXXX whether enterobacter is sensitive to amoxicillin is only possible to know after a antibiotics sensitivity test is done. When you had the sputum tested, an AST should have been done at the same time. At that time, the best antibiotic should have been chosen. Enterobacter isnt a common pathogen in resp tract infections. So its possible that amoxicillin will work. However, since you are already on it, its important to complete the course. Since you are pregnant, not all antibiotics can be given to you If you dont feel better in another week, repeat the sputum test and ast.
People also viewed
- Strone tablet helps in getting pregnancy
- Treatment and cure for tactile hallucination
- Treatment and cure for sodium deficiency
- Enterobacter in sperm
- Folvite and sysfol use and benefit
- Is getting drunk quickly a sign of pregnancy
- Enterobacter sp
- Treatment and cure for reducible femoral hernia
- I think i swallowed a piece of plastic by mistake and am pregnant. what do i do.
- Enterobacter pyogenes
- Enterobacter of the throat
- Treatment and cure for vertical double vision
- Does femur length growth slow during pregnancy
- Does enterobacter clocae complex reacts to amoxicillin
- Treatment and cure for parathyroid tumor