Does Depo provera shot avoid recurrance of endometrois?

I had a total hysterectomy in may 2012. I was wondering can still use the depo provera shot to keep endometrois from going back?
Posted Sat, 22 Feb 2014 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Timothy Raichle 21 minutes later
Brief Answer: Hello, I would be happy to help... Detailed Answer: Even though you had your uterus removed, endometriosis might still be present in the pelvis. It would absolutely be a good idea to continue with some form of cycle suppression for control of "cycle" related pain. The choice of the Depo injection is an excellent option and should serve you very well over time - mainly because it will suppress endometriosis and you do not have to worry about breakthrough bleeding! If you are going to be on it for more than five years, talk with your doctor about any concerns that might exist with regard to a small, reversible effect that it can have on bone density. I hope that this helps and good luck!