Does "Cheston" causes swelling around eye and head aches?

General Surgeon
i got cold and a local chemist gave me cheston cold tablets, which he asked me to take thrice a day after every meal. i have been getting a bit of swelling around eye and head aches too. is that a side effect of cheston cold and i have been taking benadryl caugh with phlem syrup, twice a day. i am also getting pain in lower right abdomen when i caugh which makes me feel uneasy to caugh
Posted Thu, 13 Mar 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Deepak Kishore Kaltari 30 minutes later
Brief Answer: The symptoms are more likely to be due to Sinus Detailed Answer: Hi Welcome to Healthcare-Magic Greetings of the day Dear Mr XXXXXXX I would like to reassure you that none of the symptoms are due to any reaction or side effects of the drugs. Cheston cold tablet contains Cetrizine , its a antihistamine.It not known to produce any of the symptoms. Swelling around the eye and headache is likely to be due to Sinusitis. Prolonged bouts of coughing can cause pain in abdomen, in the absence of other gastrointestinal symptoms like vomiting and fever there is no cause for concern. I would suggest you the following which will help reduce cough and other symptoms 1. Steam Inhalation: 15 to 20 minutes each session done thrice a day. It will clear off the sinuses and help in reducing the symptoms of sinusitis. 2. Warm Saline Gargling: To a glass of lukewarm water add 2 spoons of common table salt . Gargle the throat thrice a day. You can also alternate with Betadaine mouth wash gargle thrice a day. 3. To a cup of milk add 10 tulsi leaves+1 teaspoon turmeric+2 gm fresh ginger+ 2 black pepper+ Sugar as per taste . Bring it to boil. filter it and drink it hot thrice a day. I hope it will definitely help in you case. Do get back to me if you need any further assistance. Take Care Best Regards Dr Deepak Kishore MBBS,MS,MCH Consultant Surgeon
Follow-up: Does "Cheston" causes swelling around eye and head aches? 7 hours later
thank u doctor
Answered by Dr. Deepak Kishore Kaltari 14 minutes later
Brief Answer: Take Care Detailed Answer: Hi Take Care Wishing you a happy and healthy life. Take Care Best Regards Dr Deepak