Does Chantix cause high blood pressure?

Infertility Specialist
Does chantix cause your blood pressure to raise
Posted Mon, 21 May 2012 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 2 hours later

CHANTIX contains “varenicline” which helps you to quit smoking. This is different from most other quit-smoking products. It targets nicotine receptors in the brain, attaches to them, and blocks nicotine from reaching them. By activating these nicotine receptors, it is also believed that CHANTIX causes less dopamine – compared to nicotine – to be released.

It DOES NOT lead to raised blood pressure as side effect. You need not worry about it.

The most common side effects of CHANTIX include:

Nausea (30%)
•Sleep problems (trouble sleeping, changes in dreaming)

I hope I answered your query. I am available for any follow-up queries you have.