Does Cenestin cause reduced sex drive?

Mar 2013
I recently was switched from preparing to cenestin and since have a markedly reduced sex drive, do I need to increase dose or switch back. Current dose is .63mg
Posted Sat, 8 Feb 2014 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 35 minutes later
Brief Answer: TRY SWITCHING BACK BEFORE INCREASING DOSAGE. Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for writing in with your health concern. I guess you meant Premarin, was that a typing error ? Premarin and Cenestin are essentially the same preparation, speaking pharmaceutically. There is no difference in the two. However, if you have felt this significant reduction in your sex drive, then yes, before increasing the dosage, try switching back to the previous brand. If that does not work, increase the dosage, but only after consulting your doctor. All the best. Please feel free to discuss further.