Ask a Urologist   »  

Does COPD and panic attacks causes urinary incontinence?

Apr 2014

I feel like I have to go to the bathroom all the time. I have started to wear depends. I have COPD, on oxygen and also take Xanax for panic attacks. Would COPD and panic attacks be causes of urinating more frequently. I am doing research to about lifting of bladder. I am a 65 yr old female Thanks.
Posted Tue, 25 Feb 2014 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Indu Kumar 58 minutes later
Brief Answer: You need proper clinical exam and investigations. Detailed Answer: Hello XXXX Thanks for writing back Increased frequency of urination may be due to many reasons. It may be due to Detrusor instability,UTI,Cystitis,Diabetes mellitus,Bladder dysfunction,Bladder tumours etc. You need proper clinical examination and investigations.Investigations include routine hemogram,RBS,LFT,RFT,Ultrasound of abdomen,Urine RE/ME,Serum calcium level etc.Further investigations like CT scan,Bladder flow study,Cystoscopy can be done if needed. Proper treatment depend upon underlying cause.You may need some bladder training,anticholinergic drugs etc. Your problem is not related to COPD and panic attack. You should consult urologist. Get well soon. Hope i have answered your query. Further queries are most welcome. Take Care Dr.Indu XXXXXXX