Does Bradycardia need immedicate medical attention?

I was diagnosed with a fib and heart block last May. I was fairly asymptomatic and was discharged after an overnight stay in ICU. I had several tests including a chemical strew test. I was put on Pradaxa. Within two weeks I was in the Rockies climbing at 14,000ft and feeling great. A few months later I followed up with my (new) cardiologist. I've had a 30 day monitor, a full stress test and been taken off Pradaxa. Now I take a low dose of lipitor and a baby aspirin. I had a major bronchitis recently which was treated with prednisone and an antibiotic. I'm about a month past that now. The past couple of weeks and especially the past few days I've been feeling crappy. I've started taking my pulse. It's always under 50 and I had it once at 34. BP is pre-hypertensive according to the pharmacy BP machine. I'm leaning towards thinking that I'll get better on my own, but the pulse readings seem pretty low. I'm able to work out which actually makes me feel better. I have recently started with the CPAP. I like it. I have called my internist and cardiologist. I think the internist may have been concerned but directed me to the cardiologist. They seem to not be worried based upon my 30 day study. I am concerned about feeling weird and having bradycardia. Is this an immediate crisis that requires a visit to the ER?
Posted Sat, 22 Feb 2014 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Benard Shehu 5 hours later
Brief Answer: Go to the ER to be sure that you're ok... Detailed Answer: Hi XXXX. I read your query very carefully and understood your concern. Bradycardia is a common finding especially in trained athletes (you are a climber) and if i have the results of your 30 day study, i would probably say the same as your cardiologist. However in few cases bradycardia may lead to serious heart condition that may worse your heart problem (unfortunately even if a 30 day study is normal). So i suggest to go to the ER for cardiac evaluation to be sure that everything is ok with your heart. Hope it answered to your query! Dr. Benard