Does Betamethasone and Levofloxacin have any interaction with thyroid medication?

ENT Specialist
My ENT wants me to do the nasal irrigation with betamethasone and levofloxacin, i am taking 30mg of desiccated thyroid,i have osteoprosis, i have a history of chronic sinus, 5 surgeries in the past 12 years. I am a little concerned about interaction with my thyroid issues. The purpose is to prevent another surgery, i am just looking for other thoughts on these medications.
Posted Sun, 16 Feb 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Satvinder Bakshi 53 minutes later
Brief Answer: You can try them for a week Detailed Answer: Hello, My full sympathies with you on this issue and I know sinus infections can be a very chronic problem. please don't worry, although levofloxacin and betamethasone nasal irrigations will not interact with your thyroid tissues, but i still doubt there usefulness. However ,you can try them for a week if you like and assess your response, otherwise plain saline irrigation and steam inhalation should be perfectly fine for you. hope i have cleared your doubts thanks