Does Axona or Exelon Patch have glucose in them?.
User rating for this question
Does Axona or Exelon Patch have glucose in them?
Posted Wed, 5 Feb 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 1 hour later
Brief Answer: NO, Detailed Answer: Hi and thank you so much for this query. Non of these patch contains glucose. Axona (caprylidene) is a medical food which contains a formulation of medium-chain triglycerides, specifically caprylic triglyceride, for the clinical dietary management of the metabolic processes associated with mild to moderate Alzheimer’s disease. By a special pathway, it produces substrate that can be used by the brain cells boosting up its memory activity. Exelon patch is a cholinesterase inhibitor. It works by increasing the amount of a certain substance (acetylcholine) in the brain, which may help reduce symptoms of dementia. In all, none of them contains glucose. They are indicated in the management of dementia. I hope this addresses your query fully. Thank you so much for using our services and please feel free to ask for clarifications if need be. I wish you the best of health. Dr. Ditah, MD.
People also viewed
- How to care for1month baby
- Causes of cold to touch baby
- Ways to control high esr
- Exelon patch pros and cons
- Food for controlling esr
- Fruits to control esr rheumatoid
- Failure to remove exelon patch
- Exelon patch use
- Dua to control husband
- Is cashew nut good for babies
- Dua to control sleepiness
- Does axona or exelon patch have glucose in them
- How effective is exelon patch
- Step for deaf baby care
- Cauliflower ear premature babies