Documentation regarding the association between statins and transient global amnesia?

Is there any documentation regarding the association between statins and transient global amnesia?
Posted Mon, 15 Jul 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 1 hour later
Hi and thanks for the query,

There is abundant documentation existing with respect to this subject. Many case reports have been described on this subject, and reviews bringing out the association between statins and amnesia development. Most however present the duration and dosage of the drug as key determinant factors. The mechanism through which this happens is however not yet final.

Some rare studies in trauma studies instead showed a protective role ( WWW.WWWW.WW WWW.WWWW.WW .

Most scientists are of the view that statins can cause memory loss. You could start with these and in case you need for literature, do not hesitate asking for more. Do not know the amount you really need. Go through these and inform of me of the quantity or specific aspects you might be interested in.

I would suggest to you a few readings to get a feel of the what is in the published scientific literature which hold this view:

Thanks and hope this helps as I wish you the best of health. Best regards.

Bain LE, MD.