Doctors in Vellore to treat Asthma patients

may i know the best doctor in vellore for asthma
Posted Thu, 12 Apr 2012 in Asthma and Allergy
Answered by Dr. Mitaly 28 minutes later

Thanks for posting your query

Christain Medical College in Vellore is a very good institute and you can visit the Pulmonary Department there. First you can take appointment in OPD for Pulmonary Medicine on Wednesday / Saturday.

The details of the department are :
Email ID: YYYY@YYYY ; Phone: 0416-0000

Doctors there are very knowledgable and provide utmost care to patients. CMC has even started an online appointment facility in which you can take prior appointments in general or private basis depending on your choice.

Hope this answers your query.I will be available for follow up if any.
Follow-up: Doctors in Vellore to treat Asthma patients 8 hours later
actually my sister is 5 years old and she is facing asthma problem from hids birth. sometimes she fills problem in breathing and cant able to breath easily. we consult to the doctor in kolkata named XXXXXXX XXXXXXX and she told that it will take 3 years to recover from that. The medicine that is going on is " Asthalian from cipla and seroslo Inhaler. Is this is a right treatment or i should shift to different doctor.

Pls help me. Waiting your reply
Answered by Dr. Mitaly 2 hours later

Thanks for the follow up

Many children develop asthma symptoms before 5 years of age and the symptoms differ in every child. It can get better or worsen with time.

Though asthma cannot be cured completely but symptoms can be reduced by use of medications.
The medications which she has been provided are fine. But they also depend on the symptoms which she has been presenting and how she is responding to the drugs. So you need to review with a doctor periodically and accordingly medications may have to be altered.

It is very necessary to examine the lung and clinically assess the child. A proper opinon regarding her condition can be formulated only after evaluation. If inspite of the medications, she develops difficulty in breathing you can take a second opinion from another Doctor.

Wishing her Good Health

Follow-up: Doctors in Vellore to treat Asthma patients 17 hours later
Thanks for your valuable suggestation and guidelines. as i told u when she eats the cold things like icecream, cold drinks, juices or when she stay in a cold place for a long time then she feel very uncomfortable while breathing. Is this a symtom of asthama or due to cold she cant able to breath comfortabily.
pls reply me .
Answered by Dr. Mitaly 20 minutes later

Thanks again for the follow up

If difficulty in breathing is present everytime she eats cold items and is persistent since childhood it could be due to any lung disorder.But as I explained you that it is very necessary to assess the child clinically by examination and investigations as X XXXXXXX Chest to rule out the exact cause.It is difficult to comment regarding her condition without evaluation.

Take Care!
Follow-up: Doctors in Vellore to treat Asthma patients 2 hours later
doctor what are your whether i go to vellor for further check up or stay here in kolkata to the same doctor. Pls suggest me by kept yourself in my place.
Answered by Dr. Mitaly 2 hours later

You can take her to Vellore and get a second opinion regarding her condition so that a better evaluation can be done and if required investigations can be performed as well.

Take Care!