Doctor suggested having Granuloma Annulare. Is this associated with cancer?

Hi visited my dermatologist yesterday and he is thinks I might have Granuloma Annulare (GA) he is doing a biopsy to confirm this. I am 65 and do not take any medications or smoke, I think I am in pretty go health. Because it is associated with the immune system my concern is that it can be associated with CANCER? Some of the things I have read associates GA with tumors . Are these studies on people that already have tumors and then develop GA or are tumors suspected because of the GA. I have never had diabetes, can you give me any information about this condition, can you get GA form an individual (children). I work with special need children and they are always picking their noses, bitting their finger to the point that they bleed. Any information you can give me would be helpful. I am very concern if this is GA that I have an underline health problem.
Posted Tue, 31 Dec 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 5 hours later
Brief Answer: details below Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for the query. Granuloma annulare is a very mild form of autoimmune disorder. The chance of developed skin cancer is rare in lesions of granuloma annulare. In fact It can be associated with internal malignancies. Please get ultrasound abdomen also done. You don't need to worry much. It is not a severe condition. It cannot spread from person to person. Let me know if you have any other doubts. Thank you