Doctor had to change oxycotin to morphine. Had morphine intrathecal pump. Suggestions for strong, workable, prescriptions?

Question
because of new insurance, my doctor had to change my oxycotin 80 to morphine 200mg ter. I have been on oxycontin 80 for 13 years because of a very sever accident. is this the strongest pain med that will help with my pain? I had a morphine intrathecal pump but got spinal menegitis from. it....so they had to remove it. I have been on several different kinds on pain reliever over the years, but the only ones that have seems to help are the oxy's and diladin(?). Suggestions for strong, workable, prescriptions?
Posted Mon, 4 Nov 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects

Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Other options do exist

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thanks for the query,

I do think other options do exist that could be of help to you. The fear or worry with morphines is tendency of becoming dependent / addicted to them and managing withdrawal symptoms.

You could discuss possibilities of using drugs like the extended release capsules of morphine sulphate or Hydromorphone hydrochloride extended-release tablets. In my practice, these have been very effective in controlling very intense pain.

Natural therapies, physiotherapy and use of Acupuncture help patients differently. At some point, your doctor could coordinate your getting to try any of these options. Thanks and hope this helps. Feel free asking any further questions, I shall be humbled to contribute to make you feel better. Kind regards.

Bain LE, MD

Follow-up: Doctor had to change oxycotin to morphine. Had morphine intrathecal pump. Suggestions for strong, workable, prescriptions? 4 days later
sister wants to know what lupus is.

Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 36 minutes later
Brief Answer:
An autoimmune/multisystemic disease.

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thanks for the query,

Lupus otherwise called systemic lupus erythematosus, is an autoimmune disease (meaning the body produces substances that destroys itself). It affects men more than woemn and has a wide range of manifestations. It causes joint pain, tiredness, joint swelling, skin rashes, especially in the jaw area called the malar rash, anemia, can cause nervous problems and kidney disease. It affects many structures of the body at once (multisystemic disease). It runs in families, meaning if one has it in the family, the child or sibling has a greater tendency of having it. Due to its joint manifestations, it is usually mistaken for rheumatoid arthritis or osteoarthritis.

The disease is usually diagnosed and managed by a rheumatologist. In case you have any specific issues, feel free asking further questions. Thanks and kind regards.

Bain LE, MD